Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rachel




I met Rachel on Santa Cruz Island in 2005, and she later joined The Nature Conservancy's Ventura office, which allowed us to become even better friends. By coincidence, Rachel left her job at TNC a couple of weeks before I did, and planned an epic trip to China, Nepal, Thailand, Laos & Cambodia. When I gave my notice, I invited myself onto the Nepal portion of her trip, and we managed to snag a few days together in Bangkok too! Rachel used to live in Thailand. She speaks some Thai, and knows a lot of cultural do's and don'ts, which has been so helpful!! Can't wait to come back to Thailand again after our time in Nepal! These photos are from our day in Ayutthaya - we rented bikes for $1 / day to ride around the city and travel between the different wats and ruins! The other shot i on the floating boat/dock where we had "Royal Tofu" for dinner. Thanks Rachel!!!

No comments: